Tuesday, December 4, 2012

All Shapes and Sizes...

Recently, I received an email from "M", a poly-friend, telling me that I may get an email from someone interested in receiving articles from within the polyamory community. Of course, I thanked her and silently wished for that opportunity to share my views with a larger group of people, but deep inside I knew that the request would never come."Why, not?", you ask, dear reader? The answer lies in the many different types of polyamorous relationships that exist.

On one end of the spectrum, there are poly-families, like the triad PBMJ (mentioned in previous posts). While my friend "M" sees her life as plain, uneventful or just down right mundane, others see it as a break from the norm. Those outside of polyamory crave insight into a real poly-family that's not a made for TV movie or a new hit reality show. Simple and loving relationships that mirror monogamous ones, in all but the number of partners, have a tendency to garner further inquiry, while simultaneously putting curious minds a little more at ease. Those are the types of relationships that sell papers and would bring a larger following with the family-oriented set.

Conversely, you have ME...dear reader! A single female with two unconnected partners (seriously looking for a third), no children and no signs of co-habitation insight (Thank God!) Heck, to those outside of my relationships, it seems that I am "just dating" (LOL). However, we know that it is MUCH more to it than that shallow phrase...dear readers...so much more...and there in lies the main difference.

While my stories and thoughts may never get any futher than this blog, I grow everyday in my appreciation for being a polyamorous woman. I enjoy sharing my thoughts with people who shall remain anonymous to me...hoping that you gain knowledge about the ups and downs of being a single polyamorous female...one who freely choose partners based on the quality of love, acceptance, understanding, honesty and appreciation...that meets MY needs and not those dictated by any part of society...dear reader.

Luckily for those within the poly-community, we know that it takes all kinds of relationships to make this world a more loving and interesting place...mine is just one in a million.

Polyamorously Yours,

Cindy
Atlanta PolyNewbie


 

No comments:

Post a Comment