Sunday, October 14, 2012

All Good Things Come in Pairs


----This post was originally posted on Oct. 7, 2012...on a competitive website----

XEROmag.com has a wonderful website with many great articles that introduced me to polyamory. In its 101 article, I found a glossary that gave terms and definitions…but I did not find any quick, cute terms to distinguish between my primary partner and others that pertained to love, so I have decided to create my own! My primary love will become PL, while my additional significant, intimate loves will be SL’s …those loves who interest me will be OL’s…for other loves …because I can love, respect and spend time with others, as we develop emotional intimacies.

Recently, I met a wonderful couple (current OL’s) in a nice family-style restaurant. The conversation was easy. I was attracted to both of them, as they openly displayed their affection for each other. However, over the last week and 1/2, I have communicated with (through text messages) only the male half of this committed couple. (I am sure that the text messages were shared with my female OL because they share everything.) I know myself well enough to know that because I define deep conversations and open communication as FOREPLAY, my emotional attachment has deepened for my male OL. I really do understand that polyamory means “many loves” and not “many sex partners”, but my mono-mind keeps shouting, “Stop, that’s so wrong” to my deepening emotions, but my poly-mind says, “Keep going, it feels so right!” I totally understand and accept the fact that this struggle is happening and will continue to keep a watch on this interaction… :)

In the Xeromag.com article entitled “Dating a Couple”, it shared that an equal emotional or even physical connection to SL’s and OL’s is unrealistic because we humans simply have preferences that can’t really be explained…but usually exist in us all. I am definitely interested in communicating more with my female OL, in hopes of deepening our connection, as well. We will have time for face-to-face-to-face chat, next week because I am planning a visit to see them…yea! I am truly excited about seeing them again, as I explore this uncharted polyamorous territory…rest assured that I will share this post with my new poly-OL’s .

Polyamorously Yours,

Atlanta PolyNewbie

No comments:

Post a Comment