Sunday, October 21, 2012

...Basic Addition...


This weekend, I have given some thought to my newly expanded ability to add many loves to my wonderful life...well, dear reader...polyamory DOES mean "many loves", after all... J. Over breakfast, my PL (Primary Love)...who is the epitome of understanding and committed love... and I had this rather stimulating conversation about love and loving. I explained to him that this feeling of freedom...of uninhibited love...is new to me...I easily equated it to that of a child who has ventured in FAO Swartz New York for the first time...immersed in toys from the ceiling to the floor...lavished with fanciful things that put a child's wildest dreams to shame...pampered with concierge-level service that is only rivaled by that of Harrod's of London...a child who wants to play with everything in sight...that is the sensation that I get as I experience the ability to have numerous loves...simultaneously. What wonderful…mind-blowing...intoxicating...stimulating and downright hedonistic thoughts run through my mind!

As we inhaled the aromatic fragrance of my hot chocolate (with delicious whipped cream...ummmm) we discussed a new encounter...in a guitar shop...with a potentially new friend. I expressed how easy the conversation felt...how first names were exchanged...but nothing more. I shared with my PL that I get a little confused between innocent conversations and those that could lead to more meaningful loving relationships …especially now...since my emotional radar appeared to heightened. He shared that just like with a mono-relationship...it may take time to reveal any significant sign of interest and that patience and continued conversations will reveal more to me. While I really do know that I cannot possibly have or want every tempting soul that attracts me, I am definitely interested in meeting soulful people who are in tune with my needs, as well as getting their needs and desires satisfied. 

As I reflected on his thoughts,my PL and my Significant Loves (SL)... who have recently entered my life came to mind...also, I thought about my career...my new interest in learning to play the guitar...my goal to stay healthy...my desire to be a serious writer...and my need for time alone. At this time in my life, I am not really sure that I would have time to add another Significant Love to my already busy life. It is really important that I give quality time to those that I love, dear reader...so while I think that I  may want to add a new love...at this time, 3 Loves really do seem to be enough love for me. I will just have to rest comfortably by adding Other Loves (OLs)...friendly, non-intimate loves to my life...for now... dear reader.

Polyamorously Yours,

Atlanta PolyNewbie

No comments:

Post a Comment