Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Understanding and Sharing Love

As I sit here only minutes from slumber, I find myself thinking about the emotions behind the poly-loves in my life ...and I make a connection with the thoughts that...

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.                1 Corinthians 13:4-7 NLT

Yep... I know that it's a paraphrased quote from the Bible and that many interpret the Bible to say that the love described above is reserved for one man and one woman...however, those sentiments go beyond religion...to the very core of love...to eros (intimate love), storge (familial love), philia (love of friends) and finally agape (selfless love) as defined by the Ancient Greeks...Those are the loves that I am discovering in my polyamorous relationships. Eros allows for the passionate love to be released, storge creates family connections that may go beyond that predetermined by biology, philia encompasses the closeness shared by friends, while agape ensures that love goes beyond the self to all living things.

Personally, I strive to love and to share without complaint...realizing that time apart counts for nothing if the hearts, minds and souls are connected...rejoicing in the fact that poly-loves can genuinely care for and love many others...

These are the beautiful thoughts that I will carry into my dreams this night, dear reader....

Polyamorously Yours,

Atlanta PolyNewbie

No comments:

Post a Comment