Sunday, October 14, 2012

Ready for PRIDE?

In the span of one short month, I have transitioned from a monogamous woman to a polyamorous one...which is a HUGE deal for me. I have come "out" through this blog and with new friends in the polyamory community. So why is it still difficult for me to wrap my brain around walking behind our poly float through the streets of Downtown Atlanta...while passing out informational leftlets about the beauty of polyamory? I'm really not sure. I am definitely not hiding or ashamed or any of the other negative words that equate to denial. Quite the opposite is true. I have told my primary love (PL) and those in my family who warrant this knowledge, in addition to my best friend. When I am in public with my significant love (SL), I feel as comfortable as a bird soaring through the air...from my actions, I would say that I am perfectly comfortable being polyamorous. [Sidebar: Ironically, I just MAY be more comfortable in my poly relationship than I am in my interracial ones (from a negative historical standpoint)...ohhh, that sounds like a wonderful blog topic...LOL]

So then, why don't I have my Black behind...strutting for all that it's worth in the 2012 PRIDE Parade? Well, it's sorta complicated. I have grown accustomed to eating, shelter and a moderately satisfying paycheck. My fear lies in being "outted" on a professional level. My traditional job frowns upon such things and I think that a front and center shot of me on Channel 2 Action News at 5 p.m. will do little for my career. It's not that I am aspiring to move up in the ranks...quite the contrary...I am actually looking to get OUT within the next few years. However, the "out" that I am looking for must happen in my own way and time and not that set by a board of professional standards.

In 365 days, I am not so sure that I will feel the same way...a lot can happen in a year, dear reader. Who knows, I may decide to throw caution to the wind and write a tell all book about my experiences as a female "swinger", among other things. At this time, however, I am very much a bi-sexual being transitioning into a polyamorous lifestyle...

...so for now, I will rest easy sharing with and writing for you...my dedicated reader...and sharing my poly-life through this blog! Stay well...

Polyamorously Yours,

Atlanta PolyNewbie
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pssst...Today, there are at least three women who are celebrating the birthday of my very SEXY significant love...who manages to take my breath-away with his devilish smile, his unconditional love, and his generous affection...HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Baby!

1 comment: