Sunday, October 14, 2012

Hello World!

----This post was originally posted on Sept 30, 2012...on a competitive website----

What a way to come “out”! For me, this is an awakening….a new beginning for this Black woman…living in Atlanta, Ga…venturing out into this scary and judgmental world, as a polyamorous adult.

Recently, on the eve of my 46th birthday, I decided to share with my monogamous partner of 12 years that I had STRONG feelings about seeking another intimate partner/partners. Would he say “Hell NO!” or simply end the relationship? Well, your guess was as good as mine, but I had to let him know my feelings because I was dying inside…with a part of me hidden away for over 20 years.

Luckily for me, I have the BEST man in the world! Instead of actin’ a fool and clownin’ (which is slang for losing his mind), he vowed to support me in what I wanted to do. Now, don’t get me wrong, we have had SERIOUS conversations about all that this would entail…more open communication, HIS priority in my life and full disclosure of all plans…but in the end, WE decided to remain committed to each other, while I explore polyamory.

As I step into the world of Polyamory, I want to invite others to follow along…who knows you might enjoy what you read on my journey of self-discovery. Please feel free to read, share and comment when the feeling hits you…

Polyamorously Yours,

Atlanta Polynewbie

**Thanks to some awesome new poly-friends, I have this wonderful resource to share, www.xeromag.com/fvpoly.html.**

I learned that Polyamory comes “from the Greek and Latinfor “many loves” (literally, poly many + amore love). A polyamorous relationship is a romantic relationship that involves more than two people.”(direct quote from xeromag.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment